Friday, February 19, 2010

4. Early to rise

Normally, the idea of being awake before the sun comes up is simply unbearable. I hate leaving my house in the dark unless I am in search of a night on the town. This week we started up our AM workouts with the team. Now I am not admitting that getting out of bed was easy, because it sucked. The only awesome part about the whole 6:30 workouts is that I have the whole day ahead of me AND at 7:3o I can say that I have already been to the gym for the day! Yes, I am totally trying to make the most of a crappy situation...but I think it is working.

On another note, Wed. I got to spend the whoooooole day out sailing! It was really awesome to get out there and sail with the kids instead of just hangin on the coach boat. I met the Barnstable High Schoolers at 9 and Jesse and I ran some demos for them in the creek. After that Jesse went to work and I went out with the kids and jumped around a few boats. I love coaching high schoolers! The kids were so eager to learn and just soaked up everything I had to say. Then 3 rolled around and I did some big kid drills with the tritons. This was also fun, but college kids are definitely a different breed. Now hopefully it will warm up!

No comments: